I have been very blessed to have a successful year, but lately I have caught myself experiencing business FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out).
I love and enjoy reading others success stories, but sometimes I catch myself telling myself you should be doing more after reading other stories. I am the hardest person on myself and I am also my biggest critic. I have this motto that I don’t have time to take a break. I have always felt like your twenties was your hustling years, you’ve got to make moves – is what I tell myself.
In order to take away that feeling of FOMO, I have decided to practice the following rituals:
- Write down three of my accomplishments once a week.
- Enjoy the outdoors at least once a week.
- Each week write down two business I wish to accomplish. These goals must be measurable.
- Each quarter set aside time to learn a new craft to help make myself more marketable.
- Slow down.
- Handle things one thing at a time. A lot times I try to do everything at once and this leaves me feeling overwhelmed, not allowing me to finish anything. If I handle things one at a time, I will remain more focused.
- Enjoying the smaller moments.
- Taking joy in the process.